This Mediterranean tomato salad is the perfect light + fresh summer dinner, but it’s also a delicious side dish for summer parties & backyard BBQs. Juicy & sweet summer tomatoes served with shallots, a tangy lemon dressing & fresh herbs, and it’s so simple to throw together. Completely low maintenance, but also completely special. Oh, sweet summertime!
Meet your new favourite salad during the hot summer months when plump, juicy tomatoes start showing up everywhere! This salad is one of the most popular Mediterranean recipes. You can find a version of it on every table.
It's no wonder why the Mediterranean tomato salad is one of the most beloved salads, it's super fresh. Totally easy. & 100% delicious. Summertime’s best.
This simple tomato salad is a variation based on the Palestinian version of Salata Bandoora, which literally translates as tomato salad. Plump juicy tomatoes bathed in a garlicky lemon dressing and adorned with shallots, simple salads don't get any better than this!
- Uses the freshest tomatoes you can find. This recipe really depends on ripe seasonal tomatoes for best results.
- Add the dressing a few minutes before serving, but don't wait too long or you'll have a delightful soup.
- Use fresh lemons, the concentrated lemon juice is too tart for this recipe.
What to Serve this Salad with?
IF YOU LOVE MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES, subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, & Instagram for the latest updates and recipes.
Mediterranean Tomato Salad
- 1 lbs Fresh tomatoes Chopped or sliced
- 1 Shallot sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Parsely chopped
- 3 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon
- 1-2 Garlic cloves crushed into a paste
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the vinaigrette: Place the crushed garlic, lemon juice, and salt into a small bowl. Using a small whisk, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and keep whisking until the vinaigrette is slight fluffy and golden.
- Add the tomatoes to a serving dish. Pour the vinaigrette on top of the tomatoes, give everything a toss. Add the shallots and a sprinkle of parsley. You can serve right away or wait for a few minutes. I find the salad taste the best after 5 minutes of marinating.
Leave a Reply