This Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake is a low-fuss hearty meal that’s baked in the oven. The Vegetables and lamb are cooked in a rich and savoury tomato sauce for a delicious meal your family will love.
Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake
If you love stews, you’ll really love this recipe⏤it’s a hearty, wholesome, delicious meal that everyone in my home loves! For me, I love that it all comes together in one baking, and I can serve it with my favourite vermicelli rice or a piece of baguette! And of course, a side salad is a mandatory addition to my table.
I actually learned this recipe from my husband; it a traditional Libyan recipe that they call Tagine. Since learning this recipe, I love to make it on the weekends well, I’m busy cleaning and relaxing from the busy week. I’ll be honest with you; it’s not a quick-cooking dish; it takes about one and a half hours to cook, but the good news is its low maintenance and quick cleanup.
Why You’ll Love this Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake?
- Easy to make!
- Few dishes to clean, it’s cooked in one dish!
- Full serving of vegetables
- and taste SOOO GOOD!!!!!!
How Do You Make the Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake?
Making the Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake is as simple as one, two, three…Cause it only takes 3 steps to make!
- Place chopped the veggies and Lamb in a baking dish.
- Mix up the sauce and pour on the veggies and lamb
- Cover and bake until lamb is tender.
Tips for Making this Dish
- When pouring on the sauce, you may think you’ll need more, but don’t add more water, or you’ll end up with too much liquid. It’s better to add more liquid well it’s baking vs before.
- If you notice the mixture becoming too dry during baking, add in a 1/2 cup of water at a time.
- You can use any vegetables for this recipe, but I find without potatoes, the sauce is too thin.
- I recommend my Baharat spice blend for this recipe, but you could also use 7 spice too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this recipe be made without lamb? Yes, you can use chicken or prepare it meat-free; just add some cooked chickpeas or any other cooked beans.
Where can I find pomegranate molasses? You can find this product in most middle eastern grocery stores; also, many health food stores like whole foods and trader joes carry pomegranate molasses. If all else fails, you can order it from amazon.
What do you serve the Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable bake with? You can eat this dish with rice, couscous, or my personal favourite bread. I also like to add pickled vegetables and a garden salad to the table.