This Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake is a low-fuss hearty meal that’s baked in the oven. The Vegetables and lamb are cooked in a rich and savoury tomato sauce for a delicious meal your family will love.
Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake
If you love stews, you’ll really love this recipe⏤it’s a hearty, wholesome, delicious meal that everyone in my home loves! For me, I love that it all comes together in one baking, and I can serve it with my favourite vermicelli rice or a piece of baguette! And of course, a side salad is a mandatory addition to my table.
I actually learned this recipe from my husband; it a traditional Libyan recipe that they call Tagine. Since learning this recipe, I love to make it on the weekends well, I’m busy cleaning and relaxing from the busy week. I’ll be honest with you; it’s not a quick-cooking dish; it takes about one and a half hours to cook, but the good news is its low maintenance and quick cleanup.
Why You’ll Love this Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake?
- Easy to make!
- Few dishes to clean, it’s cooked in one dish!
- Full serving of vegetables
- and taste SOOO GOOD!!!!!!
How Do You Make the Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake?
Making the Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake is as simple as one, two, three…Cause it only takes 3 steps to make!
- Place chopped the veggies and Lamb in a baking dish.
- Mix up the sauce and pour on the veggies and lamb
- Cover and bake until lamb is tender.
Tips for Making this Dish
- When pouring on the sauce, you may think you’ll need more, but don’t add more water, or you’ll end up with too much liquid. It’s better to add more liquid well it’s baking vs before.
- If you notice the mixture becoming too dry during baking, add in a 1/2 cup of water at a time.
- You can use any vegetables for this recipe, but I find without potatoes, the sauce is too thin.
- I recommend my Baharat spice blend for this recipe, but you could also use 7 spice too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this recipe be made without lamb? Yes, you can use chicken or prepare it meat-free; just add some cooked chickpeas or any other cooked beans.
Where can I find pomegranate molasses? You can find this product in most middle eastern grocery stores; also, many health food stores like whole foods and trader joes carry pomegranate molasses. If all else fails, you can order it from amazon.
What do you serve the Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable bake with? You can eat this dish with rice, couscous, or my personal favourite bread. I also like to add pickled vegetables and a garden salad to the table.
For More Mediterranean Dinner Ideas Try
Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake
- 1 lb of Lamb cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp baharat
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Potatoes halved and sliced
- 1/2 large Eggplant or 1 small Italian 1/2 inch slices, then quartered
- 1 cup Zucchini halved and sliced 1/2 inch
- 1 Roma Tomato halved and sliced 1/2 inch
- 1 Green pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup of passata sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp Baharat
- 1 tsp Tumeric ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Place all of the cut vegetables in a baking dish⏤9x13 or a medium-sized circular dish.
- Add the lamb on top of the vegetables, and then add the peppers.
- In a large measuring cup, add the passata, water, olive oil, garlic, and spices. Mix then pour over the vegetables and lamb.
- Cover the baking tray with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour of baking, remove from the oven, then remove the foil. Using a large spoon, carefully mix the vegetables and lamb, try to avoid breaking the vegetable as much as possible. (If you notice it's really dry, add 1/2 cup of water to thin out the mixture-you're looking for a stew constancy)
- Place the tray back into the oven without foil and continue baking for 30 minutes or until the lamb is fork-tender.
- Once the lamb is tender, remove from the oven. Mix to distribute the sauce over the veggies and meat.
- Serve and enjoy!