Friends, readers, and all the sauce loving people of the internet: let me introduce you to Magic Garlicy Green Sauce; it’s your new SCOOP-ON-EVERYTHING sauce!!! This sauce magically makes everything tastes a little bit better with a single scoop.
What is Magic Garlicky Green Sauce?
Tangy, sharp flavours like lemon, garlic and cilantro liven up this lovely fresh-herb sauce. Hailing from Palestine, this pesto-reminiscent sauce—texture-wise, it’s like pesto on steroids.
The Magic Garlicky Green Sauce is also known as Teklai. I first discovered this sauce from the cookbook olives, lemon, & za’atar, written by Rawia Bishara. Her recipe didn’t call for fresh herbs, but I found it was a very tasty addition.
Also, some traditional recipes for Teklai are made without cooking. Another version includes the mashing of garlic in olive oil; once the garlic is mashed, they add fresh cilantro and small chilli pepper.
Once I made this sauce, it quickly became my pantry staple and my go-to sauce whenever a dish needs that little Je ne sais qoui. This sauce can be used on anything: dressing, sauce, marinade –> you name it. That’s why it’s called magic garlicky green sauce!
This Magic Garlicky Green Sauce is quick, extremely yummy, and may actually be the true love of my life. (Ok, I know that’s a bit out there, but it has never failed to delight me)
How to make the Magic Garlicky Green Sauce
Whipping up this magical sauce couldn’t be easier. Dazzling flavours and no-brainer prep—this recipe is made quickly and easily with the help of a mini food processor—my magical sauce is sure to become your new pantry staple. Here’s how easy it is to make the best herbaceous sauce ever:
- Chop the cilantro & red pepper
- Blend the Garic in a mini food processor.
- Simmer in the olive oil.
How To Use the Magic Garlicky Green Sauce:
A slather or spoonful of magic will make just about anything taste better. We love to use this sauce on:
- Soups! Maybe one of my favourite use. Simply cook your soup or stew top with a spoonful and taste the magic.
- Musahaba or hummus + garlicky green sauce = mindblowing deliciousness!
- On a sandwich. Spread some on a chicken simple sandwich, and thank me later.
- Or, smashed mini potatoes is a delicious perfect for enjoying this sauce recipe.
- Eggs! Whip a spoonful of this sauce into your eggs—turns out your eggs will be even more delicious.
Magic Garlicky Green sauce, is your new SCOOP-ON-EVERYTHING sauce!!! This sauce magically makes everything tastes a little bit better with a single scoop.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 and 1/2 head of garlic, skin removed
- 1 red jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds, coarsely ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, washed, finely chopped
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- Add olive oil, red jalapeno and garlic into a cold small frying pan,
- Set the heat to medium-low, once garlic becomes aromatic add the spices, give a quick stir.
- Stir in the cilantro. Allow the cilantro to wilt and become bright green.
- Once the cilantro is bright green, add the lemon juice and pinch of sea salt.
- Remove from heat source. Scoop into a glass into a container.