This Golden Bircher Muesli is the perfect wholesome way to start the morning with warming spices, crunchy carrots, crisp apples and little sweet gems of raisins all in a delicious bowl of creamy Bircher Muesli.
Golden Bircher Muesli
If you’re looking for delicious ways to keep your energy levels up and craving at bay after the holidays, this golden bircher muesli is a thick and satisfying way to start the morning.
Golden Bircher Muesli is a healthy make-ahead breakfast that tastes like a carrot cake for breakfast! It’s easy and quick to make and can even be gluten-free if need be. My Bircher Muesli is a thick and satisfying breakfast that I look forward to eating in the mornings, and it keeps me full until lunchtime.
What is Bircher Muesli?
Bircher muesli is very similar to soaked oats but with lots of apples. In the early 1900s, a Swiss physician named Maximilian Bircher-Benner Claimed he cured his own jaundice by eating raw apples; after his recovery, he began encouraging his patients to eat raw fruits and vegetables to cure their ailments.
- Gluten-free option: Use certified gluten-free oats.
- Vegan option: Choose dairy-free products instead of dairy and maple syrup instead of honey.
- Warm it up: Overnight oats are typically served chilled. However, if you prefer warm oats, you can heat them in the microwave.
More Mediterranean Breakfast Ideas:
- 1/2 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds, roasted
- 1/8 cup raisin
- 1-1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 golden apple, grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- Make muesli. Combine oats, sunflower seed, raisins, and turmeric into a large bowl. Then add the apple and carrots into the oats mixture.
- Wet ingredients. Combine the milk, yogurt and honey into the oat mixture. Mix really well.
- Store. Separate the mixture into two air-tight containers. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve. Top the Bircher muesli with your favourite toppings.
- Yogurt: Any kind of yogurt is delicious with this recipe
- Nut Butters: Almond, cashew, and sunflower butter are great with this recipe. However, peanut butter and turmeric don't mix very well together.
- Dried fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Fresh fruits, like blueberries, figs, apples and pears are also great toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 8gSugar: 19gProtein: 12g