This earthy salad is a prefect addtion to your family meal.
- 1 cup mung beans
- 1 lb green beans, washed, woody ends removed
- 1 cup frozen green peas, washed
- 1/2 quick pickled red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, roasted, sliced
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar
- 11/2 oz olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- Wash & sort mung beans. Add beans to a medium-sized pot filled with water. bring to a boil reduce heat to a slow simmer. Cover pot and cook for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, Blanch peas and green beans in a pot of boiling water until bright green. 1-2 minutes. rinse in cold (ice) water to stop the cooking process. Remove from the water, add to a large salad bowl.
- Prepare the dressing mix everything into a small jar with a lid and shake. Set aside.
- Once mung beans are done, pour the mung into a colander and drain the water. Toss the mung beans in the bowl with the peas and green beans.
- Add the dressing and mix everything together. top with onions, mix and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving so the flavour can get better acquainted with one another.
- Serve with almonds slices on top.
- Pickled red onions: Add the juice of one lemon, and a tbsp of salt to one thinly sliced red onion and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Category: Salad
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: mediterranean
Keywords: salads, mung beans, healthy recipe, easy recipes.