An Easy, Delicious, Mediterranean Red Lentil salad recipe. Packed full of red lentils, toothsome chickpeas, coated in a dressing of warming spices and tangy lemon. Quick, healthy, vegan, AND yummy?! Yep! This lentil salad recipe truly does it all.
Lentil salad base:
- 2 and 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 and 1/2 cup red lentils, washed
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp allspice, ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed
- Baby Spinach
- Dried Apricots, sliced
- Pistachios, coarsely chopped
Lentil Salad Base:
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring broth, lentils, and garlic to a boil: reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for 3-5 minutes. It’s important not to overcook the lentils, or they’ll fall apart. Before the lentils have fully cooked, remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, add the green onions. Stir gently.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and continue with the making the dressing. The lentils will finish cooking from the residual heat.
- Add all of the ingredients into a small jar with a lid. Seal the lid, and shake all the ingredients together.
- Remove the lid from the lentils and pour the dressing onto the lentils. Mix. Let the salad sit for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the baby spinach into a shallow bowl.
- Spoon the lentil mixture onto the salad.
- Top with apricots and pistachios.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Category: Salad
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Warm red lentil salad, vegan mediterranean meals, red lentils, salad