This chickpea salad tastes as delicious as it looks, and works beautifully as the main course with fried eggplants and some crusty olive bread. 🤤 Or as a side for fish, prawns or simple baharat spiced chicken thighs.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsely, finely diced
- 1 tomato, diced seeded
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 tbsp
- jalapeno,* finely diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves,* mashed into a paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 11/2 tsp cumin
- Prepare Salad. Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing. Using a small jar with a lid, add all the ingredients. Close the lid and shake.⏤ Kids & kids at heart love this part!
- Combine everything! Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- Time to Wait. Let the salad marinate for 30 minutes. This will give you the maximum flavour ⏤ who doesn’t want that?
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use any chilli pepper, but keep the heat level to a minimum, opt for a medium spice level pepper.
Mashing the garlic: finely chop the garlic, add a pinch of salt, then add to a mortar pestle and mash. You can also do this with the back of the knife.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: mediterranean
Keywords: chickpea salad, mediterranean meal ideas, fresh easy meals