A Mediterranean salad that is delicious enough to eat as a meal! Dressed with lemon, olive oil adorned with herbs and crunchy radishes, this Mediterranean Bulgur Salad is an edible celebration of the flavour of the Mediterranean.
- 1 cup cooked bulgur #3
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 head of parsley, washed, drained, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs of mint, remove leaves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4–6 radishes, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mix. In a large bowl add the tomato paste and bulgur, rub the tomato paste into the bulgur. It should be really well incorporated and the grains should be red.
- Toss in the Fresh Veg. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, shallots, green onions, radishes and parsley into the large bowl of bulgur. You don’t need to just yet!
- The Dressing! Now, you have two ways to make this: First, add everything into a jar shake and pour onto the salad or second option, add the ingredients straight to the salad, no fuss!
- Time to mix! Mix all of the ingredients together with your hands you want to slightly break down the vegetable so they can release some of their flavours. A spoon just won’t cut it!
- Wait. Sorry, but you’re going to have to allow this salad to rest for 30-60 minutes. The flavours develop better once the ingredients have a chance to mingle and get well acquainted.
Don’t have bulgur? that’s ok, you can use cooked rice or any other hearty cooked grain.
- Category: salads
- Cuisine: middle eastern