The Easiest Greek Grilled Chicken is ideal for summer BBQs. Loaded with oregano and brightened up with lemon juice this family-friendly dinner is going to be your summer’s best friend.
- 4 chicken breast, prepared for grill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix. In a large bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, zest, garlic, paprika, oregano, and salt. Mix everything together.
- Marinate. Add the chicken to the bowl of marinade. Cover the bowl of chicken with plastic wrap. Set in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but it’s best to marinate 1 hour up to 6 hours.
- Heat your BBQ. Whether you use a grill or grill pan, oil the grills well the grill is still cold. For the BBQ preheat to 400ºC before adding the chicken. As for the grill pan pre-heat to a Medium-High.
- Cook. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side. Your chicken is fully cooked once the internal temperature 165ºC
- Rest. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. This allows the chicken’s juices to redistribute.
- Serve! The best part of cooking. Serve this chicken with your favourite sides.
- Preparing the chicken for the grill: Cut the chicken breast in half width-wise. Then cover one portion in plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, pound the chicken breast to an even thickness.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: BBQ
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek Chicken, Family friendly meal, Easy greek chicken, Grill meals