This Mediterranean Lamb Vegetable Bake is a low-fuss hearty meal that’s baked in the oven. The Vegetables and lamb are cooked in a rich and savoury tomato sauce for a delicious meal your family will love.
- 1 lb of Lamb, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp baharat
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Potatoes, halved and sliced
- 1/2 large Eggplant or 1 small Italian, 1/2 inch slices, then quartered
- 1 cup Zucchini, halved and sliced 1/2 inch
- 1 Roma Tomato, halved and sliced 1/2 inch
- 1 Green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup of passata sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp Baharat
- 1 tsp Tumeric, ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Place all of the cut vegetables in a baking dish⏤9×13 or a medium-sized circular dish.
- Add the lamb on top of the vegetables, and then add the peppers.
- In a large measuring cup, add the passata, water, olive oil, garlic, and spices. Mix then pour over the vegetables and lamb.
- Cover the baking tray with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour of baking, remove from the oven, then remove the foil. Using a large spoon, carefully mix the vegetables and lamb, try to avoid breaking the vegetable as much as possible. (If you notice it’s really dry, add 1/2 cup of water to thin out the mixture-you’re looking for a stew constancy)
- Place the tray back into the oven without foil and continue baking for 30 minutes or until the lamb is fork-tender.
- Once the lamb is tender, remove from the oven. Mix to distribute the sauce over the veggies and meat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Vegetable bake, Lamb recipe, Mediterranean Diet recipes