With briny olives, juicy cherry tomatoes, crunchy cukes, purple pops of red onion, and creamy feta crumbled throughout, this Greek Pasta Salad is as bright and sunny as a warm summer day.
- 3 cups (250g) dried fusilli pasta
- 1 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 3 mini cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 6 oz Greek feta cheese, larger crumbles
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- Prepare pasta. Heat water in a 6qt pot. Once the water has come to a boil add a 1 tbsp of sea salt the water ⏤ Salty like the sea! Add the pasta and boil until al dente (about 9 minutes)
- Add Vegetables. In a large bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, onions, and olives.
- Make Dressing: Use a measuring cup to add the olive oil, then the rest of the dressing ingredient. Whisk everything to combine.
- Pasta is Done. Once the pasta is completely finished cooking drain the water. No need to rinse, just drain allow to cool 5 minutes. Then add to the bowl of vegetables.
- Add Dressing. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and pasta, mix. Once everything has been mixed, transfer to a large shallow serving bowl.
- Finishing Touches. Taste the salad Adjust the salt if needed. Now, add the feta cheese to the salad.
Substitutes: Since it’s a salad recipe, the ingredients and measurements are just guidelines though, so feel free to adjust. To make this gluten-free, use any type of gluten-free pasta you’d like, just be sure to cook it al dente.
- Category: Salad
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek recipe, pasta recipe, pasta salad recipe, vegetarian pasta